Tuesday, June 17, 2008
Give me a break, Give me a break, Break me off a piece of that Kit Kat Bar
Hey everybody! I'm really sorry that I haven't written in a while..The internet has been down here, and since it's been on I haven't had time to write because we've had so many tests and quizzes and homeworks. I had a Paul test the other day which I got a 92 on and I have a 92 in the class..Then, I had a Humanities test yesterday that I studied for like 3 hours for and then I had a Missionary Anthropology and Humanities Slide Test today. So, I've pretty much been studying since 2 o'clock this afternoon, and my brain is fried..I really just need a huge break, and that is exactly what I'm gonna get in Egypt and I am completely and utterly excited!!! I guess I should probably tell you about the weekend I had off. It was really amazing!! Jack, Andrew, Amie, Stacey, Ryan Hamling, Dani, and I all went to the Aegina Sea. We drove a ferry out to the island and we stayed in a hostel in Marina. It was sooo pretty..The hostel was a whole lot nicer than I expected it to be, and it was only 17 euro to stay there. I was really surprised. The people there and gave us rides to town whenever we wanted, and rides to the beach. They had a rock beach that was right by the hotel so Saturday, we just decided to go there because we didn't want to bug him and make him take us to the sandy beach. There were sea urchins everywhere. I almost didn't even want to get in the water. Dani stepped on one, and her foot started bleeding. It was pretty bad. Also, every girl and their grandma was topless..It was almost gross..lol..They just acted so nonchalant about it. It's really weird..Anyway, Saturday night, we just stayed at the hotel and watched the Greek vs. Russia soccer game on the big screen on the outside porch. It was insane. the Greek people were going crazy. The Greeks lost though 1-0. I think it would be awesome to go to a professional soccer game. I've really kinda gotten hooked to watching it since it's pretty much the only sport on television here. hahaha..Except I did get to watch the 4th quarter of Game 5 of the Finals. That made me very happy..lol..Even though I don't care for the Celtics or the Lakers..lol..Sunday, we slept in and then checked out at like 11 or so, and went to the sandy beach and stayed there all afternoon. It was so beautiful..It was really crowded though because it was a 3 day weekend for the people in Athens so everyone and their mom was there. But it was still tons of fun! Then we got back Sunday night about 10:30. Most of the people were back from their trips, and then Monday, it was time for business again. I'm so glad that I'm through until we get back from Egypt though. I really want this break so bad. Even though, it isn't technically a break cause we have so much to learn there, and write in our moleskines. But we do have a rest day on the friday we get back. So, I'm definitely looking forward to that. Our journals are due that day, so I guess I'm going to be working on my journal the whole day though..lol..The school part of this is not very great, but I am definitely loving it here, and I'm really sad there's only like 40 something days left..Anyway, we're about to watch either the Prince of Egypt or The Mummy to get our hearts set on Egypt...lol...So, I will talk to you all later, and I love you and miss all of you..See ya!! In Him, Ryan
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
Hey, glad you got to see part of game 5. We are planning on watching game 6 tonight. Did you get to see any of the golf tournament. It was down to the very last shot with a playoff. Glad you got your debit card to finally work. Hope that it doesn't give you any more trouble. Enjoy Egypt!! It is interesting but different. Love ya
You will love, love, love Egypt. You will have some tiring, long days but it's so worthy it! Keep pluggin' with the studies..I know it's tough!
Glad you got to have a Greek island weekend getaway too-- that's one of my favorite memories.
Ry,
It's good to hear from you again. The Celtics stomped the Lakers tonight by about forty points. Kobe is no Michael Jordan. Tiger Woods one the U.S. Open in a sudden death play-off after being tied after an 18-hole play-off with Rocco Mediate whi is 45 years-old. I was pulling for the old man.
Ashton got to Texas today. Due to all sorts of problems with the airlies it took her as long as if she had drived a car!
Along with the films you are watching to get ready for Egypt you should all sing Steve Martin's King Tut.
Keep up the good work!
Love,
Dad
Sorry for the typos. It's late here. (Corrections: won, who, airlines)
Hi Ry - I'm glad you're back on line!Your phone call was such a wonderful surprise! Thanks!!! And, it's also good that your ATM is working! Those studies sound tough & constant, but you seem to be doing really well. Pat yourself on the back! I hope your Egypt turns out to be better than you even imagine. Ashton's pix of her trip there were really interesting. Take care, honey. We miss you! Love, Mimi
Ry,
Those sea urchins can be bad. Glad you had a great weekend. We've been there when its cold, but it was still pretty. Egypt, what a trip to look forward to. We are getting ready for London. A little behind, but we'll make it. We leave July 1st. Not very far away now. Kelsey is here for Summer Experience and getting his schedule. He spent the night in Cone last nite with Jacob.
Well better go to lunch and then mow the lawn. Life as usual here.
Travel safe, LOVE and MISS YA, PP :-)
See soccer isn't so bad, is it? lol Oh, dont know if you knew or not but the Celtics won it all. oh yeah, the golf tournament was insane, lol. We were watching it in this restaurant and when Tiger Woods made the shot to put it in sudden death, everyone went crazy in there, haha. Hope you have fun in Egypt :) love you!
Post a Comment