Monday, July 28, 2008
Final Banquet
Hey, sorry it's taken me a while to write about the final banquet. It was Saturday night. I've just been crazy busy trying to get things ready to ship off, and I have a kind of free day today. No finals at least, but I still need to study for my 2 I have tomorrow. Anyway, about the Final Banquet. It was sooo much fun. We all dressed up in Togas, and we took pictures for about an hour before we ate dinner. Also, our Summer '08 board is done, and it looks amazing, and it's humongous. It's about 3 times bigger than all the other ones. The company did the dimensions wrong or something, so we're having trouble figuring out where to put it. We suggested in the lobby right when you walk in..lol..The set-up was really nice. The decorations were awesome. We ate dinner, and we had STEAK and BAKED POTATOES!! Best meal all summer..lol..and I also figured out that I've lost 30 pounds since we've been here..Is that not insane?? I weighed myself for weighing my bags, and i weighed exactly 100 kilos which is 220 pounds and i weighed 250 before we got here..I still can't believe it. All the girls are jealous..lol..At the dinner, Chad and Harrison and Chris played the guitars and sang some songs, and then Schrambo put on a "magic" show. They were all just stupid tricks to be funny, Then we played some games. Neely handed out the worksheets that we played at the beginning of the year where everyone wrote something about themselves and we had to guess which person it was, and then that night, we just had to write down how many we remembered, and I definitely remembered all of them. Jen and I were the only ones to get all of them. Then, we had a scavenger hunt around the Artemis that was pretty fun. but anyway..After the games, we watched the slideshow that Paul and Neely did. It was awesome!!! Captain and DiMy said it's probably the best one they've ever had. It seriously looked professionally done. It was amazing. Then after the slideshow, some of us watched Dances with Wolves. By the end of it, it was about 2 in the morning, so we all headed to bed. Well, that about wraps up the Final Banquet. Hope you enjoyed it! Keep writing on my blog so I know you're reading over there!! I love and miss you all. See ya'll in 13 days!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Hi Ry - Sounds like the fun continues! Also sounds like you have a really fun & into-it group. Hope those last two tests go well. We're pretty much wrapping things up here, too. We visit Buckingham Palace tomorrow & all go to the London Hard Rock Cafe. (I told you wrong last week.) We have a final meeting in our flat Wednesday a.m. & then we all go our separate ways early Thursday. Pawpaw & I went to see "Hairspray" tonight. There was enough energy on stage to power all of London for the next decade! Some of those guys & gals can really belt out the songs! We have to give up the laptop before we leave, so we'll be back in the internet-cafe-hunting business again soon. Take care! BTW, Pawpaw has written to you, but I kept telling him I wasn't seeing it. He would use an e-mail he had to access your blog & then comment at that same spot. There are several back on something you posted before your Israel trip. Love ya, honey. Mimi
sounds like the banquet was tons of fun! good luck on your finals. I know ull do great....you always do :) dang, 30 pounds?!?! that's insane!!!!! see ya in less than a month :) :) Have fun on free travel!
I'm just going to make one big comment here! I read your Israel stuff and I'm glad it seemed to touch you like it did me. It seems that you did a few things we didn't so I can't wait to hear about that and see pics.
Your final banquet seemed like a blast-- I remember loving that night as well. It was bittersweet.
I hope you guys have a blast on free travel-- experience all you can! Mema and Papa have enjoyed hearing your adventures too!
P.S. I can't wait to see Dark Knight and see YOU as joker! :-) Look forward to seeing you in August..Mema wanted me to tell you that!
Post a Comment