Hey everybody..Just thought I would get on and ramble for a little while. Today has been pretty good. I woke up this morning, and I thought my alarm clock was messed up because I woke up at 8, and nobody was in the room so I was freaking out pretty bad and wondering why no one woke me up, so I hurried up and took a shower, and then ran downstairs and they just decided to eat breakfast this morning for some weird reason because they never do. So, I was downstairs and ready for class at 8:10 this morning..hahah..It just gave me a few extra minutes to look back over the Paul reading. I made an 8/10 on the quiz...Then, in Humanities we were supposed to have a quiz, but for some reason the powerpoint wouldn't open, so we got off clean..lol..I'm sure we'll just have 2 quizzes on Wednesday though. Speaking of Wednesday, it is pretty much going to be the longest day of my life. We're doing double classes so that we can have Saturday off to do whatever we want. I'm pretty sure Jack, Kim, Jen, Lacie, Andrew, Brian, Paul, and I (maybe a few other people) are going to Pirate's Cove. I don't know if anyone went there last year, Ashton, but if you know anything, feel free to tell me about it. I think it will be a whole lot of fun. It's an old Pirate ship on an island and you go and stay the day on the ship or jump off and swim in the ocean, and swim to the shore and stay on the beach. It will just be a whole lot of fun. Hopefully it won't cost too much. I guess I should also mention that I'm halfway done with my Biology class. Yay..lol..It's pretty much annoying, but I'm just gonna keep pluggin til it's over. He won't just open up all the exams though, and it really irritates me.
Also, HUHA (Harding University Honors Abroad) came today. And I was really surprised because Clint Lambert is with them. Did any of you know he was coming here? I couldn't believe my eyes at first. I saw him on the piano and I was like ha, that kid looks a whole lot like Clint Lambert, then he stood up and I was like wow..lol...It was pretty funny. Also, Mrs. Davis is here. I had her for Math my freshman year. She's really nice..She actually called me Ryan instead of Trey this time. I was surprised. hahah..There's like 25 of them, but I don't think it will be that much different than when the Burk's were here..Probably a little bit better since there's not little bitty kids running around. But in a way, it's worse because they all use the computers..hahaha..Anyway, I talked to Paul today and told him that I told you all about his incident and he said he didn't care so I can get rid of my guilty conscience..lol...
After they showed up, I went to play basketball of course..It's way too fun. Probably my favorite thing to do at the Artemis. My team won..again..lol...I'm undefeated here. Every team I've been on this semester so far has won, so I'm not saying it's me or anything, but..lol..Also, it started pouring down rain today. It was insane. It's the first time it's rained and it didn't hold anything back. Captain said that he's never seen it rain like this in June. So, now it's pretty humid outside..Reminds me of home..hahah..
Also, before supper, Captain told us that some of the Harding students that are in Venezuela were inside a museum, and some prisoners had escaped from prison, and they followed them into the museum and kidnapped three of the girls and the lady that was with them who was like the wife of a military guy there in Venezuela. One of the girls is Calin Caruthers and she is in Choir with us so we were all pretty upset about it. They were kidnapped, and they held them at gunpoint and told them to get in the car, and they took them 2 1/2 hours away, and on the way, they were talking about killing just one or if they should kill 2 or 3 or all of the women. It was pretty intense. But by the grace of God, they just decided to let them all go, and so they're fine now, but I think everyone is still pretty scared about it. And the Richardsons' (Professors that are here with us) daughter was planning on going to Venezuela tomorrow I think, but they're trying to figure out what she should do...I know it would be hard to let my daughter go to Venezuela right after something like that happened. But anyway, hopefully I didn't scare any of you too bad.
Alright, well, I think me and a few other people are gonna go get some ice cream. I might get back on and write some more stuff later tonight if I have time. I hope you all are having fun! Can't wait to see you all in now less than 2 months!! lol..I can't believe we're already 1/3 of the way done. Captain told us that today, and we were all like, stop it..lol..It's pretty sad, but I'm also looking forward to being back home. Alright I love and miss you all!! Bye!! In Him, Ryan
Monday, June 9, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
I really enjoyed reading about your day. That is really scary about those girls getting kidnapped. Is that one girl related to Kathy and Don Caruthers? I know they have some family that goes to Harding. I knew Clint was going overseas but I didn't know exactly where and when. That is crazy. I will have to tell Judy about it. Keep up the good work on the court. I'm sure you are the deciding factor. LOL. Dad and I are going to Searcy this afternoon. Keep writing - love to hear from you.
No, she's not related to them. I asked her last year when you wondered that..lol..but yea, it is really freaky..Hopefully nothing like that happens to any of us..
I'm glad those people ended up being OK-- that is so scary! I haven't heard of that Pirate's Cove, but that sounds pretty cool! How far away is it? (The island we went on had a Dead Man's Cove with a ship..I don't know if that's the same thing.)
Anyway, keep having fun playing basketball. You probably are the difference because you're massive and you make those ridiculous shots. Haha. Love you!
Ry,
Your trips sound so interesting. We can't wait to make them too. Your folks are here today house hunting, I am doing National Leadership Forum. I'll be glad when NLF is over and we can focus on our trip to London. Keep up the basketball and you can take Matt Hall's place next year. Well better go do the NLF stuff. Miss YA and Love YA too,
pp :-)
Ry,
Tell Clint I said hello. Clint is quite the public speaker/preacher now.
That Venezuelan story is unbelievable. I haven't seen it on the news here yet--it's bound to be on the Nancy Grace news show any minute.
Dunk one for me.
Dad
OMG, I can't believe that happened, but I'm glad everything turned out fine. I know the Richardson's daughter, Amber. I bet it would be hard for her parents to let her go. Amber seems to be the kind of person to not let anything stop her though.
Glad your getting to play bball, Mr. Allstar, lol. miss ya and love ya.
Hi Ry - Another interesting entry on your blog! Your mom & dad told me you had seen someone you knew over there. It's always a weird feeling when that happens so far from home. I'm so glad the situation in Venezuela had a happy ending. I'm sure those girls were beyond terrified! I agree with Ronda - you are definitely the deciding factor in those games! :) I guess you've had that long, long day by now. Hope the trip to Pirates' Cove is a fun day for you.
Keep writing. It's neat to find out about your activities. Love, Mimi
Post a Comment