Thursday, July 3, 2008

4th of July Bash on the 3rd!!!

Hey everybody!! Sorry I haven't written on here the past couple days, but the internet has been down and just now got back up and everyone's fighting for it..lol..I'll just catch you up on some stuff. Yesterday, we had school as usual. We had our first Greek test. It wasn't too bad..Then, last night we watched another part of Masada. I wanted to die..I know that it'll help when we get there to know the story, but I really can't watch any more parts. lol..I just laugh to keep myself sane during those things..lol..Anyway, we got our grades for Humanites today, and i have a 91 in there, so hopefully i can keep it. It might be tough though down the home stretch with soooo much stuff to do..I'm really trying though..Also, all afternoon today we were working on getting the Artemis ready for the 4th of July Bash on the 3rd...lol..We had to do it today because we're leaving for our cruise tomorrow..which brings me to the next point I need to make, I won't be able to write on here until at least Monday night cause we're getting back Monday. Anyway, back to getting ready for the party,,,I pretty much just walked around seeing if anyone needed help..I kinda helped Paul and Audrey make the cake, then I cleaned up the floors and decorated some, and then helped a little with the burgers. I was just there in case people needed me..lol..The party was a whole lot of fun..We all ate and then we had a pool party..We all had to wear our clothes though..cause of Harding's regulations..We played a game that I had never heard of before. They throw a watermelon down to the bottom and then you dive in for it, and everyone fights for it until someone brings it out. It got pretty intense though. I'm pretty sure Paul almost drowned..lol..Also, the watermelon is extra slippery because you put oil on it first. No one really one because Sterling just threw it out of the pool, and then Paul picked it up and dropped it and it busted on the ground..lol...After that, we played a little basketball until it got dark, and then Schrambo (Chemistry teacher at Harding) put on a little "firework" show..It wasn't technically fireworks, but it was still completely awesome..He had Neely hold a sparkler and he climbed up the stairs, then dropped coffee creamer and it blew up and flamed and caught all the creamer on fire..It was intense!!! I wish i had taken a video of it..Anyway, people are waiting for me to get off of here so I guess I'll just talk to you all later.. I'll write back when we get back to the Artemis from the Greek islands!! I love and miss you all, and I hope you're still having a great summer..See ya'll in August!! Love, Ryan

6 comments:

Ashton said...

Sounds like a fun time! I have never heard of that watermelon game either-- sounds intense. I'm surprised ya'll got to swim with clothes on even-- we had to take turns-- girls at one time, boys at the other. Haha. Oh, Harding! We're having steak for the 4th. Hannah is gone to a wedding, but Kevin and Jamie should come over.

Have fun on the cruise! The islands are neat!

Ronda said...

Well we don't have much going for the 4th. Kelsey and dad are planning on running in a race in Jonesboro, and I get the day off. Other than that we might cook out. Kelsey has pool duty, so not sure when we will even get to do that. No news on the house. I have a feeling that we will be living in the rent house for quite a while. Hope that you have a great trip this weekend to the islands. Sounds like sooo much fun. Miss ya.

Anonymous said...

Hi Ry - It's July 4th & we just got to a computer at an internet cafe here in London. We had a good trip over & things are going well. The weather is cool in the a.m. & p.m. & not bad the rest of the time. We went to Wimbledon & saw a men's doubles. The Americans were last year's winners but lost this time. It was a neat experience. Today we visited St. Paul's Cathedral. We've been before, but we enjoyed it again. We are doing a great deal of walking. Jet lag isn't bothering us too much. Out facilities are pretty nice. I guess we won't hear from you until Monday. Hope your cruise is another wonderful experience for you. Our big "cruise" will be a brief excursion on the Thames River - part of an open-air bus tour we took today. :) We miss you, honey! Love, Mimi & Pawpaw

Daddio said...

Happy 4th of July! I won second place in the walker's division at the Firectracker 5k. I think I've found my niche. 2012 Olympics here I come! It was fun actually being one of the fastest walkers there. (No matter that I was the only one under the age of 92 and 265 pounds.) I'm not proud. I'll take it.

Take care! We miss you.

Love,

Dad

Chelsea said...

I think the watermelon game would be tons of fun to watch, lol. Sounds too intense for me to play, haha. I love Dr. Schramm. He definately knows his chemistry, lol. Wish you would have gotten a picture of the firework too :)

Anonymous said...

Ry,

You will be home before we will. Glad you are back safe from Israel. We go to Bath tomorrow. It seems to be going by fast now.

Have g good free travel!

Love,

PP :-)