Thursday, July 24, 2008

The Dark Knight

Hey everybody!! Yesterday was probably one of the funnest days on campus all semester. I woke up around 9 and watched Pirates 3, and then after lunch Jared, Paul, and I searched around Porto Rafti for something to use on our face to dress up like the Joker. They seriously had NOTHING. We searched for at least 2 hours, and couldn't find a thing, so we tried to concoct our own inventions at the Artemis with lotion and lard and it definitely didn't work, so we were getting pretty bummed because we definitely wanted to do this so bad. We searched and searched and tried and tried, but nothing seemed to work. Then, we saw the Turkish Delight. lol..We were definitely going to use the powdered sugar on the turkish delight, so we got the empty ones and even ate a few to finish some off, and spread the powdered sugar all over our faces. It worked really well actually, and then we used Anna's makeup for the black and red. We even resorted to using spray paint for our hair. I was really scared it wouldn't come out, but after about an hour and a half of scrubbing and washing, it came out, well most of it..lol..Still feels like paint too though..Then, earlier today Paul said that he put lard in his and it came out, so he definitely put lard in my hair and i washed it an hour later..its a lot better now..smooth too..lol..Jared didn't even do it after spending all that time looking. It ended up being Paul, Sterling, and I. We looked SOOO AMAZING at the beginning, but towards the end it started wearing off. We took so many pictures. It has to be one of the best things to ever happen in HUG history..lol..Dressing up like the Joker to go see Batman? Come on..lol..Also, we got some pretty weird looks on the way to the restaurant we were gonna eat at. Every time someone looked at me, I just busted out my Joker card..lol..When we got to the theater, the people working there loved it and we asked if we could get in free, and they were like..ehhh..lol..We took a lot of pics at the movies too. I was standing in line at the concession stand and 3 people wanted their picture with me..lol..It was awesome, and then while we were sitting there, Michelle and Katy Grant come dressed in as Batman. No one even knew they were doing it, but they made their own outfits and looked AWESOME!! So, we definitely took some pictures with them too.
It was a whole lot of fun. The movie was amazing too especially in the theater cause it's an outside theater and the weather was really cool, and it was tons of fun. After the movie was over, I turned around to these people behind us, and I went up to one of them and said, "Hey, here's my card" in my Joker voice and handed them the Joker card. They laughed like crazy..When we got back, I also made a video. It's pretty creepy if i say so myself. Frank videoed it of me saying, "Why so serious? eh? why so seriou-us? hehehehehe" It's soo crazy..I'm gonna try to put it up on facebook, and Neely said she would put it on the slideshow for DiMy and Captain if I put it on the M Drive and I definitely did that..lol..Anyway, Hope you all are having a great summer, and I will be there in a couple weeks!! Love, Ryan

4 comments:

Ronda said...

So crazy, sounds like you guys had a lot of fun. I haven't seen the movie yet, but I guess I will have to now. Love ya

Anonymous said...

Hi Ry - You guys are definitely crazy! I'm looking forward to seeing some pictures. I think everyone in our group - but us - went to see the movie tonight. We opted out for the live musical, "Wicked". It was quite a creative, imaginative production - props, stage, costumes, music, & amazing voices. It got a bit loud at times, but I can see why it's so popular. We will visit the BBC tomorrow & then eat at the London Hard Rock Cafe as a group. Glad you had a great day, honey! Hope the rest of your time there goes super well. Love, Mimi

Anonymous said...

Hi again - I saw your picture on facebook. I was right about the crazy part! :) There is a picture of the Joker in one of the London tabloids & there is a very close resemblance. If there is a look-alike contest, be sure & go for it! Love ya, honey! Mimi

Chelsea said...

CRAZY!!!!!! Sounds like fun. Reminds me of the time for Halloween that Erica and I dressed up like a christmas tree and a lumberjack and went and ate at the Chinese Buffet. We definately got a lot of looks, haha.