Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Airplane Rides and Ocean Tides

Hello everybody! I forgot to mention in my first blog that we ate at Roma's in Searcy..Mom told me that I should probably put that in there..I did make it safely to Greece. i just thought i would let ya'll know..it has been the longest day. The first flight, i sat by this really nice lady who actually lived in Paragould until she was 14. So, that was pretty interesting, then when I got on the Detroit flight, no one was sitting by me for about 20 minutes, so I was like, yes..im all by myself..Then, this arabic man comes up and says he sits there. I couldnt ever understand a word he said. And, also his name was Husane Sadaam, so that really freaked me out. Haha..You can't make this up..Then, the Amsterrdam flight was just really tiring since I hadn't slept all day. I pretty much just wanted lay down in the middle of aisle and pass out. When we got to Athens, we met the Myhans, and then they took us to the Artemis which is pretty much the most amazing place ever..There's a basketball court and pool, and just everything. The Myhan's took us on a short tour of Porto Rafti, and it was amazing!! We went to the beach and everything..and i almost got pushed over by the tides..i was talking to andrew and jack and they keep creeping up on us..You might need to be worried that I won't come home..lol..jk..anyway, i'm really tired and we have to be in bed by 10, so I just wanted to write a short blog and tell you about the first day..Classes start tomorrow which does not seem fair at all..I can't even think right now..Anyway, I love you all, and miss you...See ya in 3 months!! In Him, Ryan...And pop, I hope you can figure out how to get here..lol..

4 comments:

Ronda said...

Wow, sounds like a really full day. What was the name of the woman from Paragould? Be sure that you take some pictures for us so we can see ya. So glad that all went well and that you are having a good time. Love ya bunches!!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Honey - Thanks for another neat blog to let us know you made it safely. (The name is quite creative!) You & Ashton both seem to find Saddam Hussein's relatives to sit by! No wonder you got no sleep! We can't wait to see the Artemis & nearby community. It all sounds great. Yep, reality sets in pretty quickly, doesn't it - in the form of classes & studies. But, that's what got you over there & that's part of the whole experience. I'm sure it'll get easier as the jet lag diminishes. We miss you, but we're so glad you have this opportunity. Hi to Jack, Andy, & the Myhans. I don't think we know anyone else there. Take care! Love always, Mimi

Ashton said...

Ryan! You blogged! Keep it up! I will try to comment every now and then to keep you inspired! I know you will love this experience-- I'm getting jealous!

Don't worry-- I won't compare yours to mine-- b/c let's face it--that's just not fair..haha-- just kidding! Your perspective will be funny and unique just b/c you will see things a different way then me!

Chelsea said...

Hey Babe! So glad to hear you made it safely. It already sounds amazing and I'm sooooo jealous. Oh well, you'll have to take lots of pictures for me ;) Tell Jack and Andrew hey. Love ya and miss ya.