Friday, May 23, 2008
Tests, Quizzes, and Beards
Hey everybody! Thanks for your continuing comments on here..It really keeps me going knowing that you all are thinking about me. That's right, Chelsea..I said you all..lol..Anyway, I just wanted to write a quick note on here. I'm done with 11 of my 25 quizzes for biology so that's pretty exciting..lol..and I've taken 1 test and didn't do that amazing on it, but in the syllabus he said that he curves the tests one standard deviation..and i made a C, so i'm guessing that would move it up to a B. I've made two 5/5's on my Paul readings, but the Humanities are not as good..lol..She just asks them in confusing ways where it could be more than one, and i always choose the wrong one..lol..and I am not that great at comprehending what i read in the first place, so hopefully I'll get the hang of it. And I really wanted to finish A Prayer for Owen Meany and White on this trip, but there's already so many other readings we have to do, I don't know how I am even going to finish one of them..I have a slide test tomorrow..i made a 95 % on the first one, so hopefully this one i can do just as good or better..I also have my first quiz in Modern Greek tomorrow. It's over the alphabet and the first few words and phrases she taught us, so Ashton, if you can tell me how her quizzes are before then, that would be great!! lol..I'll also ask her if she remembers you tomorrow..I forgot to today and she's already gone..Tonight we had tacos, but there wasn't very much meat, so all the guys were pretty upset about that..lol..then for a while, we all started talking about our beards, and jonathan kept telling jarod that his beard was disgusting b/c it doesn't fill in..it's just random patches..it was just funny listening to jarod defend himself..idk..i guess you had to be there. And Sterling was like, I'm 21, and can't even grow a beard..lol..It's pretty funny..He said, "I'm just now getting to the itching stage" lol..Alright, well, I think I'm done talking about beards and probably done talking for tonight. I might play some basketball or ping pong and then study..Anyway, I love you all, and I hope you're having a great summer!! Miss you guys! In Him, Ryan
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
So how is your beard coming along? I'm sure they sell razors over there somewhere....I am trying to get ready to leave for West Monroe this afternoon, but it looks like it might be this evening before we get away. There has just been too much going on the last few days. Kelsey graduated last night!! I can't believe all of you will be in Harding next semester. Hopefully we will have a place for you to come and visit. Ha!!
Haha, I've made an influence!!! Wow, I didn't think that they made you do very much on the schooling part when you were overseas, but I was mistaken. You're always talking about some test or quiz that you have. Better you than me, lol. I see you're beard is coming along, lol. You're going to be a sight at the end of the summer! hahahahaha, but I can't wait! Love ya and miss ya :)
Hi Ry - Well, sounds like you're doing really well with the grades! Keep up the good work! Can't believe you've done 11 out of the 25 quizzes already in Biology. I know you'll be glad to get that out of the way. Beards...I can remember some of the guys in our first HUF group growing beards - some more successful than others. Pawpaw's made him look intimidating. (But, I liked it.) Don't give up on reading your books. You'll have some time when you travel, cruise, & tour, won't you? I never minded waiting or traveling when I had something to read. We had a nice weekend in Tennessee. Can't believe Kelsey & now Ali are both H.S. graduates! How can they be l8 when I'm so young??? Hope things keep going well for you, honey! Love, Mimi
Ry,
Sounds like you are still having an adventure. And, sounds like you are doing well academically. They try to make the programs a learning experience and not just a vacation. It's hard, but not to bad since it is learning in a different setting.
Remind us when we go to climb the mountain to wear long pants. It sounds like quite a climb. Things here are recovering from graduations, and your folks trying to find a house. Girls State is coming, and Kelsey and Kurt are coming for it.
Maddie now has the Lincoln. It ran fine to Nashville. Got 23 miles to the gallon going over there. It really looks good, and she is happy to have it.
Well better go mow the grass before it rains again. Love your blogs and you.
Paw-Paw :-)
Post a Comment