Sunday, May 25, 2008
Mt. Everest and Athens
Hey everybody..i guess since i didn't write yesterday, i'll fill you in on what we did..i pretty much just had quizzes all day..lol..and then in the afternoon, we went to Sounion, and watched the sunset..It was amazing..I'm going to try to put pictures up tonight on facebook if my internet will work. I tried to last night, but it I couldn't get wireless very well. After we got back, we ate some ice cream bars. I ate the strawberry one for you, Ashton. Very delicious..lol..it's Paul's favorite too!! Alright, anyway. Then, harrison, jarod, chris, ross, and i all played 21 on the basketball court. I won 3 of the 5 games..thank you..thank you..lol..alright, well then it was time for curfew so i just went to the room. Last night, Jack had this great idea to go climb the mountain at 9 in the morning..lol..so, jack, michelle, kim, jen, emily, adam, leah, ashley, lacie, stephanie, and i all went up to the mountain and climbed it..I figured it would just be jack, adam, and i but all the other people were up ready to climb too, so we just went with them. It was so intense!! I did not even figure it would be that bad. And I am really mad at myself for not remembering that Ashton told me to wear jeans up it, because i have huge scratches on my legs..hahah..It was pretty hard, but once we got to the top of it, it was definitely worth it. Michelle started to feel pretty sick towards the top so jack stayed down with her until we got back down. It was a whole lot of fun, and definitely a great experience. When we came back, I was more scared of crossing the road here than coming down the mountain. These people are insane!! They will not stop for anything. Even when we used the cross walk, they just ignore it, and drive right through us. Also, today that same group i climbed the mountain with plus probably andrew are going to head to Athens by ourselves for the first time. I really wanted to just ride the bus the whole way, but everybody else wants to do the whole bus, monorail, train, thing..I really don't know why.. Experience, i guess..Anyway, I'm about to head out to Athens..I will talk to you all later.. I love and miss YA'LL..(didn't that time, chelsea) lol..alright, bye ladies and gents!! See ya in 2 1/2 months!! In Him, Ryan
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I think ashton still has scars from her trip up that mountain!! We just got back from Morgan and Jacobs wedding. It was really beautiful and everything went great, except Jacob left several of his cloths that he needed for their honeymoon trip. That should be interesting. Ha. It will not be funny to them now but will be one of those things they can laugh about much later. Love ya and wish you could have been with us this weekend. I am going to work the holiday tomorrow so I can go with Dad to Searcy Tuesday. We are going to be looking at a house right down the road from the Golf Course!!! Maybe it will be just perfect. Hope so
Oh man, you went back to your old ways, lol. Guess I wasn't much of an influence after all, haha. Sunsets are always so beautiful. I can't wait to see pictures. The mountain sounds cool. Sry about your legs, lol, but I'm glad that it was worth it...if only you had remembered what Ashton said, haha. Oh well. Hope your Athens trip went well with your transportation experience, lol. I miss you!
Love,
Chelsea
Glad you climbed the mountain! :-) Sorry I didn't get back to you before your Greek quiz-- I hope it went well. Her quizzes usually aren't too bad-- neither are her tests. (She grades pretty easy.)
As Mom said, we just got back from the wedding. There were a few tense moments when we got lost, but other than that-- fun weekend at Holiday Inn, baby!
Take care!
Hi again - Well, I'd say basketball is your forte! So, you did do the mountain climbing. Do you think Pawpaw & I could make it up & down in a day? If you kids think it is tough, I'm not sure we should try. I'm looking forward to hearing how the trip into Athens via varied transport vehicles turned out. I didn't know they had a monorail. Your mom & dad are here tonight. Pawpaw & I went with them to see a lovely home in River Oaks. They're having a difficult time deciding whether to buy, buy & add on, or just build. Keep writing, honey. We love to read about your experiences. Love, Mimi
Post a Comment